There are fourteen footpaths within or immediately adjacent to Newburgh. These include a delightful walk through Derby Saddlery up to Bluebell Wood, and paths to reach the canal with scenic walks to Parbold and the Douglas Valley, or to Spencer’s Bridge and Burscough.
There is a map of the footpaths on the bus shelter outside the Red Lion Hotel.
Comments on the state of the footpaths can be addressed to the Parish Council (Contact us), who liaise with Lancashire County Council.
For printable directions and maps of the Bluebell Wood Walk and the Canal Walk, click here.
For information on local walking groups contact:
- Parbold Ramblers – Contact Jimmy Kelly 01257 462121 or Liz Foulds 01257 462121
- Parbold U3A Walking Groups: Tony Thompson 01257 462429 Tuesdays pm – moderate; Peter and Deidre Fletcher 01257 462361 Fridays am – easy
- West Lancs Ramblers Association www.westlancsramblers.org.uk : Geoff Wright - telephone 01772 812034 email email@example.com
- West Lancashire Footpath Group – Mrs M Waring 01257 425776
- Skelmersdale Rambling Club – www.skemramblers.org.uk
- West Lancs Countryside Events : WL Rangers - telephone 01695 585169
- Life Long Learning: Group Walk Fridays with pub lunch – www.lll-ormskirk.org.uk telephone 01695 579095
- Walking in Lancashire:www.walkinginlancs.co.uk